As part of my Philips AVENT ambassadorship, I received the Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Pump. I’m pretty excited because it means I JUST might get to go on a DATE with my husband. ALONE. Without the kids. Almost unheard of.
After two NICU babies, I’ve done a lot of pumping. Both with hospital grade pumps and “regular ol breast pumps” I’ve even used both single electric and manual pumps. You could say I’ve gotten around the breast pump world. *grin*
I was pretty excited to try out the Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Pump. I’d heard a lot of great things, including that it allows a nursing mother to express pump faster. Now, I don’t know about you, but that’s a win all in itself, because FINDING time to pump is a huge deal. I also see this as a real bonus for moms who work outside the home or have to take a pump when they travel. Chalk a few points up for Philips AVENT.
Things I LOVE about the Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Pump
- There aren’t a zillion parts to clean. And those parts aren’t super tiny. That’s a big plus in my book. It’s design prevents your milk from ever coming in contact with the tubing. Did I mention it’s also BPA free?
- It’s compact. While the pump does come with it’s own carry bag, I really like that it’s also small enough to fit inside my diaper bag – something that’s helpful for traveling for sure.
- It’s intuitive to use, both in assembly and the pump settings.
- It’s not crazy loud. I’m fortunate that the noise of the pump doesn’t matter a whole lot but this is really beneficial for the working mom who needs to pump in the privacy of her office.
- It really IS a COMFORT pump. There’s nothing I hate more than hard plastic flanges, and the soft cups on the Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Pump is WIN.The soft cushion with five textured petals on the flange help stimulate milk flow and mimic how your baby sucks.
- It’s easy to use. After you switch on the pump, it will automatically start in gentle stimulation mode to encourage letdown. You can then choose from three expression pump settings to find the one that’s best for you.
- No more crazy sitting up perfectly straight so you don’t spill the liquid gold. Granted, you can’t pump lying down, but you can still pump in a comfortable position!
- You pump into the same bottles you feed with – which is genius! It’s as simple as switching the cap for the nipple. These bottles can also be used for storage.
Edison is a little older so I feel a little more comfortable leaving him with one of our favorite sitters so Alan and I can go out on a date. Now to get Edison used to the Philips AVENT bottles and I’ll be set. The nice part is? Those have great comfort petals and a wide shaped nipple for a more content feed! Hopefully he agrees!
I still haven’t done a lot of pumping this time around, it really hasn’t been a habit like it was with my first two. But when I am ready to leave my little guy at home whether it’s for a date or to get my hair done *gasp* I know I have a reliable pump that will help express breast milk for my little guy.
I’m a Philips AVENT Mom!
I’m so excited to announce that I’m a Philips AVENT Mom for 2013. I am a huge supporter of both breastfeeding and pumping moms and I can’t think of better company to work with to share this support! Be sure to keep an eye out for great articles, reviews, Twitter Parties and more! You can follow the #AVENTmoms hashtag on Twitter too!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Philips AVENTmoms. Regardless, all experiences and opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.