A cool Seattle evening calls for a cocktail. Lucky for me I had some recipes arrive in my inbox shortly before heading out of town last week, and when I returned, a box containing several bottles of libations to make them. No complaints here.
Celebrate falls arrival with Baileys Original Irish Cream, Ketel One Vodka and Moon Mountain Vodka and the cocktail recipes below. I sure did!
I would suggest using caramel sauce in lieu of attempting to melt the caramel to drizzle it in the glass. I did that, and it wasn’t pretty. Not that I let a good drink go to waste. I’ll be making the highball later this week, just need to get some bitters. If you make these cocktails, I’d love to hear what you think!
1 ounces Baileys Irish Cream with a hint of Caramel
1 ounce Ketel One Vodka
1 ounce Espresso
1. Swirl caramel around the inside of a martini glass and put to side.
2. Pour Baileys Irish Cream with a hint of Caramel, Ketel One, Ice and Espresso into a shaker and shake until very frothy.
3. Strain into Caramel swirled martini glass, making sure that the foam is on top to make it look like a cappuccino. Using a spoon while pouring helps keep the foam on top.
Recipe Created for Moon Mountain Vodka by Kathy Casey Liquid Kitchen™
1 1/2 ounces Moon Mountain Organic Vodka
3/4 ounce Housemade Cranberry Syrup including 3- 4 of the berries (recipe follows)
3/4 ounce Fresh Lemon Juice
1 1/2 ounces Fresh Orange Juice
2 dashes Angostura Bitters
1. Measure the Moon Mountain Vodka, Cranberry Syrup including a few of the berries, lemon juice and orange juice into a cocktail shaker.
2. Fill with ice and add the bitters.
3. Shake vigorously and pour into a tall glass.
Housemade Cranberry Syrup
Makes 1 1/2 cups
1 cup Fresh Cranberries
1 cup Water
1 cup Sugar
1. Place ingredients into a small saucepan.
2. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
3. Simmer for 1 minute then turn off heat.
4. Let syrup infuse for one hour and then refrigerate.
Disclaimer: I received samples of Baileys Original Irish Cream, Ketel One Vodka and Moon Mountain Vodka in exchange for this post. No monetary compensation was received. These cocktail recipes are to be used by persons of legal drinking age only.